Every business has a statutory obligation to produce accounts annually for the relevant authorities, typically HM Revenue & Customs and Companies House. This is a job that someone has to do and most accountants do that job.
One of the key objectives in accounts preparation is to identify areas where we can assist in minimising your tax liability. Another key objective is to ensure that the accounts are compliant with all the statutory regulations.
In addition, we like to gain a full understanding of your business so that we are able to give advice and recommendations tailored exactly to your requirements. We believe that accounts preparation in itself can give a massive insight to your business and gives the bigger picture, to help with both the short-term objectives and long term goals of the owners.
- Prepare accounts to help in completion of self-assessment tax returns.
- Produce financial statements for filing at Companies House and abbreviated accounts to ensure the minimum amount of your financial information is made public.
- Identify areas where we can assist in minimising your tax liability.
- Identify areas of the business that give you the most opportunity to make improvements.
- Use the accounts to help you measure where you are in meeting your goals and what actions you need to take.
- Compare your result to those of other businesses in the same industry.
We take the time to explain your accounts to you so that you understand what is going on financially within your business, helping you to plan for the future.